Tackling the problem of rats in drains
Have you noticed a scratching noise under floors or in your walls? Are you often getting bad smells from your drains? It sounds like you have a problem with rats in drains – but we can solve that problem for you.
Rats can get into your drains through even a tiny fault, and from there can get into your home or business premises. However, finding that fault can be next to impossible without expert help.
Drain-It is here to deliver exactly that help to you.
If you know of or suspect a rat problem in your drains, just contact us, and we’ll bring our rodent tracking equipment and expertise to you.
Why do I have rats in my drains?
- Rats live in the sewers and will travel up to where they smell food or other rodents.
- Even if there is no food waste around the house, a waste build-up below ground, which you may not even be aware of, will still attract these unwanted visitors.
- Breaks in the lines or burrowing around connections and/or manholes can also give access to rodents, and these breaks or holes may be underground.
How we find where rats are getting into drains
We have two main methods of finding the spots were the rats are getting in:
- Pumping non-toxic smoke into your pipes, and watching to see if it emerges from unexpected places.
- CCTV drain surveys to fully inspect your drains and spot other holes from which some might not emerge above ground level. These surveys might also even see the rats themselves!
- You could be surprised at just how small a hole that rats can get through, but our staff are all experts at spotting all possible entry points that they use.
How we solve the problem of rats in drains
- Our pest control engineer will keep records of all defects in your pipework and then advise on how best to repair them so as to prevent the rats coming back – either no dig patching or pipe re-lining, depending upon the extent of the problem and damage.
- We also recommend installing rat flaps, to continue keeping the rats out even if new problems develop in other sections of your drains.